Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let's face it, you're not Kate Moss.

I have been in the fashion & beauty desk for two weeks now. I know, I know, you all have tons of questions like "Oh my god, is it cool?", "Gorgeous, did you get to try some free make-up?", "Freak, aren't you so in trend now?"...

However, the truth is that it's actually a bunch of Paris-obsessed and Kate-Moss-worshiping and vitamins-enriched products.

One of the Paris brands told me that turquoise and plum are the make-up colours trend this season. So I tried turquoise on one eye and plum on another eye, and I looked like I had two black eyes - one that has already blue black and one that just got punched one second ago.


And tell me if this is even logical - one of the make-up brands have one of their trend to look as if Kate Moss just woke up. If you want to get a look of just-woke-up, then just woke up and get out of the house. And if you seriously badly want that smoky eyes smudged look, sleep one hour and woke up and go. Otherwise try punching your eyes. Or apply turquiose and plum colour together.

If you do get the just-woke-up look perfect, I suggest wearing one of those designs for CNY this spring to perfect-ize it. They looked just like your grandmother's pyjamas. And seriously, some of the designs I saw were so smudged that I couldn't sense any design in it - perfect match for your smudged just-woke-up look.


Once you get everything ready, you might want to get you yourself to be ready. Spa is a good choice but I find it difficult to get that the spa products actually make you younger when the spokeperson looks like she's got layers of plastic on her face. And what's more, those nerves-confusing exercise to beautify your skin - I believe I'll have nerves-break-down syndrome before I have my chin shaped.

Besides, here's a good news for vitamin-obsessed : 90% of the beauty products are vitamins-enriched. Any kind of vitamins you can think of and those you won't even dream of in your wildest dream are added in moisturizer, facial cleanser, whitening cream, eye gel, hand cream and foot lotion. Seriously, everything. And I think they even add it in lipstick and toothpaste, so that your lips and your teeth are not left out from vitamins.

So far, I'm feeling so cool with all this, don't you agree?

0 comments: