Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009, I resolve to be a better girl.

It's a whole new year starting today! 1st of January, don't we all love it? :)

I know it's been soooo long I hadn't updated my blog here. What I'd done in the end of year 2008? I had gone to Singapore from 24 to 27 of December, celebrating Christmas in the crowded modern Asian city. The theme this year was "A Sweet Christmas in Singapore", so lamp posts along Orchard Road were decorated into candy canes. They were so cute!



I'll post the photos up once I got them from my friends. ^^

We all make new year resolutions when a new year comes. Even though we could not quite make them in some of the years, but it was still an exciting ritual to do, embracing the coming new fresh year. And that's what I'm going to do, too! :P

First of all, I want to perform well in my internship starting 5th of January! As you would have read it some posts ago, I am going to do my internship for three months in The Sun Daily. Yes, the Nation's free newspapers which is Telling it as it is. The Sun newspapers is considered to be one of the most neutral newspapers in Malaysia, providing high quality news. I still do not know which department would I be in, but whichever it is, I want to do well, or at least fine!



Secondly, I want to have more self-confidence. You would never look good without a pint of confidence threw on yourself. You would never be capable without a layer of confidence glowing on you. You would never make your point clear without a little more confidence. I want to have more confidence in being myself, admit the wrongs, praise the good, point out the unfair and feel good about myself.



Thirdly, I want to be better in bass. And get really good in jamming. And make it to somewhere this year, if possible.

Next I want to further expand my circles of friends and go to more places I've never visited. I want to see more and know more still.

Also I resolve to be more considerate, and reasonable when talking to people. I'll think before I hurt someone with my words, and I'll state my point clear when someone tries to take advantage of me. That's very important. :)

Last but not least, I resolve to live healthier than last year. I'll yum cha not more than five nights a week; I'll sleep at 1 a.m. the latest on nights I didn't have assignments or yum chas; I'll do more walking to buy nutritious groceries; I'll shop really less, only for important things; and I'll be less emotional.



I guess my every list ends with a seven. So here's my big important seventh point : Life's short, do it if you want to know how it would be, and don't regret. I know it's a bit cliche, but I would end the post with my favourite quote from the movie Transformers :

"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car? " - Sam Witwicky

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should've come to Clark Quay clubbing with me.
Anyway, happy new year.

Erica Chin said...

JcX : And I remember we did go to Clark Quay on 25th night. Walked around see the pubs but didn't go in any. haha.

Next time i guess :)

Anonymous said...

nice quote^^

Erica Chin said...

liang: Yes it is. haha.