Monday, December 1, 2008

15 seconds, keep rolling and Keep Moving!

How long do you need to standby for 15 seconds of appearance in a film?

No conversations, no monologue, even the face can barely be seen in the background - for 15 seconds of appearance.

You may think that it takes maybe like, half an hour? But no, the answer is ....TWO hours. And it takes a whole day from 12p.m. to 8p.m. outside for the pre-, the -ing, and the post-.

"Are you free tomorrow? We need a girl my height to act as my friend in a video," asked Carmen on Saturday night. And then a phone call from Carmen and the director himself.

Hence I agreed.

So yesterday I'd gone out to help out as an "anonymous-friend-of-main-actress" in a short film shooting near Sunway.

The short film is a work by the production team "Keep Moving", and it is meant for taking part in TVF (Tokyo Video Festival) next year.

"The story is about a guy who traps himself in his own music world, and shuts himself out of the real world outside," said the director cum script writer, Marco, as he explained the theme of his short film.

As I read through the script Marco has written, it was no doubt he must have a good sense of humour. I couldn't help but laughed when I read words like "main dude", and "become genki again" in his script.

Imagine the poor main character being referred to as "the main dude" again and again. LOL.

"The short film would be around ten minutes," added Marco.

The photographer of the day was Che Kian, who is also working for a professional photographing company. And he was also the one who came over to fetch me, thanks! :)

So my friend Carmen was "The Girl" in the short film, who seems to have slightly special relationship with the main guy character in the story.

The main character was played by Chi Hou (translated), a quite good-looking guy who I personally thought he looks like Leo Ku, the Hong Kong singer cum actor. Oh and yeah, he was the main dude then. :P

After like numerous time of retaking NGs, and I'd taken out my handphone and pretended to sms, and walked from point A to point B and turned to smile, for numerous time.....Finally, the part with Carmen and I was done.

Callum, the guy who was to help out during the scene, helped to take a few photos of the whole team working on that part that day.

And we all went off to a famous Ice Shop at Metroprima, Kepong. (Oh no, yet again for me. ) We all talked and then Marco and Che Kian drove Carmen and me back home.

Helping out as an "anonymous-friend-of-main-actress" was already so tiring, I could imagine how tired it could be for those actors and actresses. The video-shooting session today gave a whole new experience to me.

Thanks to Marco, Che Kian, Chi Hou and Callum - Best wishes to you all in TVF next year!

P/S : Stay tune for photos later, they're with Callum still. :P
P.P/S: Personally I think this team Keep Moving is quite creative, do check them out at
http://keepmoving5.blogspot.com


Follow-up : 15 seconds in remembrance with Keep Moving

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm much more interested in the 15 seconds clip than the whole 10 minutes or team photos.
If possible send to me :-)

Erica Chin said...

JcX:

When i get the video itself la..haha....it'll be some time before I can even get the video bah...

But photos would be sooner...:P